PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
First IVF and Day Surgery Centre is proud to be one of the clinics offering PRP for infertility, as it involves using the latest science to make pregnancy possible.
In recent years, Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP) has been used alongside conventional fertility treatments like In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) to improve egg quality, uterine lining thickness, and endometrial receptivity, primarily in the treatment of recurrent implantation failure experienced over multiple IVF cycles.
PRP is rich in several growth factors that have a significant role in tissue regeneration and remodeling.
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF)
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)
- Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-B1)
- Transforming growth factor beta 2 (TGF-B2)
- Several classes of platelet-derived growth factors (PDGF)
- Insulin like growth factor (IGF-1)
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF).
PRP has been used for at least a decade in many fields, including dermatology, cosmetic surgery, cardiology, dentistry, orthopedics, and even for hair regeneration. Using this technology for infertility is rather new, but it is promising.
Book your free Fertility Consultation with First IVF!